Born in Kunitomi town, Miyazaki prefecture, Japan. Started to learn calligraphy at the age of 6.
At the age of 16, she won a prize for one of her pieces, in the Miyanichi Comprehensive art exhibition. She was the youngest person to win a prize.
While learning calligraphy at university, she sent her pieces to various exhibitions.
After graduating from university, she returned to Miyazaki to work as a teacher, while spreading the art calligraphy.
In April 2015, she left her teaching position of 18years in a prefectural school, to start her new life as a professional calligrapher with the words "From Miyazaki to the World!" in her heart.
Becomes an apprentice to Mr. Ishitobi Hakkou in Tokyo.
Won various prizes in the Mainichi shodo-ten (a calligraphic exhibition named Mainichi), Sogen shodo-ten (a calligraphic exhibition named Sogen) and other exhibitions.
Member of the Mainichi shodo-ten, Sogen shodo-ten, and a councilor for the Hakkou Shodo-kai(the Hakkou calligraphic association)
Some of the stores which display her calligraphy are:
Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort "TATSUYA KAWAGOE MIYAZAKI"
Hakata Hankyu building "SHAMPOO BOY"
Oita station building "COIFF1RST
Record of Awards
At the Mainichi ten (a calligraphic exhibition named Mainichi), she has been selected for prizes 11times and received a recognition of fine work award once. Member who required no pre-examination
At the Sogen ten ( a calligraphic exhibition named Sogen), she has received the Special award once, the Excellent award 2 times, and was chosen for prizes 10 times.
At Seibu Shosakka kyokai ten (Western Japan calligrapher associations exhibition), she received the Mainichi Newspaper award and The 25th memorial award.
At the Mainichi Joryu ten (Mainichi Female exhibition), she received the Excellent work award and many more
- Held a solo exhibition in the Kunitomi town cultural hall
- Held an exhibition Imai Mieko and associates at the Kunitomi town cultural hall
- 「Held "Futaba ten" (Futaba exhibition), an exhibition by two artists at the Bunrindou Gallery in Miyazaki city
- 2011 December
- Completes her in-store calligraphy display for the Sheraton Grande Ocean resort's"TATSUYA KAWAGOE MIYAZAKI" on the 42nd floor
- 2012 January
- Held a solo exhibition "PLAY the characters ～Miyazaki edition～" at the HIDAKA HONTEN gallery
- Held a solo exhibition "PLAY the characters ～Exhibition of Himuka～" at the TORAYA gallery in Nobeoka city
- Held an exhibition of two artists "The shape of Mama" at ArtSpace Irosora
- Held a solo exhibition "PLAY the characters ～Exhibition of Koyu～ at Ocha no Otsuka-en (A tea farm) in Kawaminami town.
- Held a solo exhibition "PLAY the characters ～Exhibition of Southern Miyazaki～" at Hattori-tei (A restaurant in an old Japanese style house) in Nichinan city
- Held a solo exhibition "PLAY the characters ～Exhibition of Tohoku～ at Kirinokura Brewery in Miyakonojo city
- 2013 February
- Performed a calligraphy performance at the establishment memorial event for the Kunitomi Town Chamber of Commerce and Industry Young Entrepreneurs Group
- Held a calligraphy performance in Denmark
- Held a calligraphy experience lesson at the Miyazaki International Festival
- Calligraphed the title for Matsuri erekocha Miyazaki 2013 「繋 ～天まで届け宮崎魂～」("Connect ～Reach for the sky, Spirit of Miyazaki～ ")and performed the opening performance
- Held a solo exhibition at the Netz Toyota Higashi Kyushu Oita branch
- Held a calligraphy performance at the 100th anniversary celebration for Miyazaki prefectural Honjo High School with Chef Tatsuya Kawagoe
- Calligraphed the label for 「穂倉千徳」("Hokura Sentoku") a Japanese sake joint developed by SENTOKU SYUZOU in Nobeoka city and judicial agricultural union "Hanadou"
- Exhibited calligraphy at the venue for "Murakami Sangendo 40th anniversary and 25th anniversary of succession"
- Performed a Shodo-gin performance (A calligraphy performance with Shigin (=chanting of a Chinese poem)) at the 10th anniversary event of KAWADU FOODS. Inc.
- Held a calligraphy performance at CROSS MALL Kiyotake
- Held a solo exhibition "礎～ISIZUE～" (Meaning "Foundation") at the Kunitomi town cultural hall
- 2015 March
- Calligraphed the label for the Shochu 「ひむか燦々」("Himuka san san") which is a limited edition for Miyazaki airport
- Performed a calligraphy performance at the Event "Next Future～つぎの未来へ～"held to support Earthquake Recovery in Kesennuma city, Miyagi Prefecture
- 2015 March
- Calligraphed the T shirt logo for the 「おおかわセールス隊」("Okawa sales squad") from Okawa city in Fukuoka prefecture.
- Held an event with Mr. Tatsuya Kawagoe titled, "Mariage of Calligraphy & Cuisine" at TATSUYA KAWAGOE MIYAZAKI on the 42nd floor of the Sheraton Ocean Resort
- Joined TEAM ASAI and held a calligraphy trial lesson named "Experience Japanese culture & Traditional culture with your five senses" at the Milan Expo 2015
- （Performed a calligraphy performance and judged The 2nd Japanese Kaiten Sushi(conveyor belt sushi) Meister MVP match organized by Japan Kaiten-Sushi Association
- Held "Exhibition of Calligraphy, Glass and Pottery by three artists " at Bon Belta TACHIBANA in Miyazaki city
- Performed a calligraphy performance at a talk show by Chef TATSUYA KAWAGOE at Bon Belta TACHIBANA for their basement level renewal event
- Performed a calligraphy performance at the 50th anniversary celebrations for Miyakonojo Higashi High School
- Held a memorial performance and gave a lecture at a ceremony to celebrate the establishment of Miyazaki prefectural Honjo High School
- Graced the cover of the monthly publication by Peach Aviation when they started their service in Miyazaki
- 2016 January
- Held a solo exhibition "Imai Mieko the New Year exhibition" at the gallery on the 3rd floor of Miyazaki Bougainvillea Airport
- Performed a calligraphy performance in New York "With the Seven Shochu Samurai from Miyazaki"
- Held a solo exhibition at the New York Global labo
- Held an exhibition of two artists "White margins, Calligraphy and Lithograph" at Bar & Cafe Corner in Miyazaki city
- Held the 2nd exhibition of three artists at Bon Belta TACHIBANA in Miyazaki city
- Held a solo exhibition in Tokyo "Follow my heart ～Landscape from Miyazaki in Kyushu～"
- Invited by a company to Singapore, to hold a calligraphy performance at the opening party for a Japanese restaurant